Rotary Club of Norfolk Sunrise
Norfolk Sunrise Rotarians are vibrant and dedicated men and women in active community service in Norfolk County, Ontario, Canada and around the world.
A Brief History of our Club. In Spring of 1996, a new Rotary Club, sponsored by the Rotary Club of Simcoe appeared on the Norfolk scene to expand opportunities Norfolk residents wanting to serve the locally and internationally by participating in Rotary programs and activities. On May 16, 1996 the Rotary Club of Norfolk Sunrise received its Charter from Rotary International and began a record of “Service Above Self”
Today, the club boasts an active membership of men and women with a wide raange of experience from throughout Norfolk County. Together they undertake a wide range of community services locally and internationally.
CSRP – Norfolk
The CSRP is a volunteer-driven, nonprofit organization with a local community focus. While the members of its Board are actively committed to increasing cancer support for Norfolk residents, they know that it cannot be achieved without the support of the larger community.
Service and Benefits:
- Offering financial assistance to individuals and families affected by cancer
- Telephone support: listening, answering questions, and offering referrals to local supports and out-of-area resources where appropriate
- Peer support: empathy and encouragement for patients, caregivers, and family are freely given
- Meeting area provided for support groups and supportive programming (e.g. journaling, art, etc.)
- Providing resources to highlight available supportive services and increase access to them (e.g. Cancer Resource Booklet, CSRP Website, and Haldimand-Norfolk Service Ontario Centre database)
- Offering a much-needed break from the day-to-day challenges of cancer by offering a free dinner out, mini-vacation, or help with summer camp
“Facing Cancer With Courage”
The Cancer Support & Resource Program of Norfolk is a nonprofit organization dedicated to assisting those touched by cancer to take charge of their choices. Networking with government and community agencies, institutions, businesses, service groups, and individuals, we offer a variety of emotional and supportive services.
Funds raised in this community stay in this community.