CSRP – Norfolk
The CSRP is a volunteer-driven, nonprofit organization with a local community focus. While the members of its Board are actively committed to increasing cancer support for Norfolk residents, they know that it cannot be achieved without the support of the larger community.
Service and Benefits:
- Offering financial assistance to individuals and families affected by cancer
- Telephone support: listening, answering questions, and offering referrals to local supports and out-of-area resources where appropriate
- Peer support: empathy and encouragement for patients, caregivers, and family are freely given
- Meeting area provided for support groups and supportive programming (e.g. journaling, art, etc.)
- Providing resources to highlight available supportive services and increase access to them (e.g. Cancer Resource Booklet, CSRP Website, and Haldimand-Norfolk Service Ontario Centre database)
- Offering a much-needed break from the day-to-day challenges of cancer by offering a free dinner out, mini-vacation, or help with summer camp
“Facing Cancer With Courage”
The Cancer Support & Resource Program of Norfolk is a nonprofit organization dedicated to assisting those touched by cancer to take charge of their choices. Networking with government and community agencies, institutions, businesses, service groups, and individuals, we offer a variety of emotional and supportive services.
Funds raised in this community stay in this community.
CIBC Run For The Cure
The CIBC Run for the Cure is a 5k or 1k walk or run that raises funds for the Canadian Cancer Society. It is the largest single-day, volunteer-led event in Canada in support of the breast cancer cause. The Simce site alone has raised over $2.5m since its inception.
The CIBC Run for the Cure is organized and executed by staff and volunteers of the Canadian Cancer Society – including a very dedicated committee of volunteers here in Simcoe. The generous support of volunteers helps to keep costs down, which directs more money to fund breast cancer research and health promotion initiatives.